Investigate and Explore through Printmaking | Term One, 2023
Investigate and explore your creativity through an open-ended approach to printmaking.
Expert tutor Marci Tackett will help you to pursue your own goals and get the most out of the various disciplines within printmaking.
Mix drawing and painting with your printmaking if you wish!
Challenge yourself to try new processes, synthesise disciplines and forge an original path.
Possible techniques to learn include screen printing, woodcut, etching, collagraph and plate lithography.
You can also learn to create books to either bind your existing work or make new stories.
Suitable for enthusiastic, independent beginners, intermediate and advanced students.
Content* A focus will be on individual creative problem-solving interspersed with applicable demonstrations
* Individual consultation regarding goals and projects in print
* Group interaction and mini-feedback sessions at your request
Objectives* Learn about options for re-envisioning existing 2D works with an expansive view
* Learn about various printmaking and/or bookbinding techniques
* Complete a project
* Practice sustainable creativity
Outcomes* A range of work created in different mediums
* A greater understanding of what is possible in printmaking
* Independent work experience on a project of your own making
* Creative problem-solving experience
Tutor: Marci Tackett
- Every Monday (13 Feb - 31 Mar)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: $25 class fee plus cost of supplies for your specific project. Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- G1.15 Printmaking
- 12 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Supplies needed depend on the individual projects chosen. Contact your tutor prior to the first day of class if you have questions about what you will need
* Student ID card or photocopy card with $5 photocopy money on it
* Choose good quality paper for printing and presentation of work, it is worth it!