The Learning Connexion is a tertiary school of Art and Creativity. We are seeking a warm, friendly and multi-skilled accounts superstar to work 5 days per week at our Taita campus in the Hutt Valley.
This is a key role at The Learning Connexion and requires an experienced and dedicated individual who is able to work self-directed, and oversight the accounts team. Previous accounting experience of at least 3 years preferably in a medium to large company, and an ability to use iPayroll, Xero, Google Drive, Outlook and Excel. Experience in Vend and Shopify would also be beneficial. The position spans all areas of the accounting function therefore if you like variety and are a great multi tasker you will enjoy this role. Experience in the tertiary education sector area will be advantageous.
The role is between 25-30 hours per week depending on skill set worked over five days a week.
Key skills include:
- Being organised and able to work to deadlines
- Being reliable, confidential and honest
- Having strong administrative skills
- Having a high attention to accuracy and detail
- Having excellent communication skills
Roles and tasks include:
- Administration of purchase orders for the company
- Reviewing and processing all payment runs for the company and the Trust
- Company credit card reconciliations
- Managing cashflow through effective Credit Control
- Cashflow reporting
- Overseeing two part time accounts staff and ensuring the function runs smoothly
- Processing of the bi-weekly pay run for the company
- Preparation and/or review of statutory returns including GST
- Performing balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis to ensure management reporting is both timely and accurate
- Financial audit assistance and end of year reporting
- Liaison with key departments and external accountant
This is a great opportunity to work in a vibrant and creative environment on a programme that changes students’ lives.
If this sounds like the role for you, please forward your CV, including a covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 17 January 2021 at 5.00pm.