We seek a reliable, organised and responsible individual to fill our full-time caretaker role. The position involves carrying out a wide range of duties to ensure that our school is maintained as a tidy and safe working/learning environment. In addition, a sound understanding around health and safety matters would be ideal, however we are willing to provide training to the successful candidate in this area.
The role is for 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
As the sole caretaker, you will be responsible for:
- General maintenance and repair of school buildings, equipment and grounds
- Coordinating arrangements with other internal/external maintenance/cleaning contractors
- Assistance with security of grounds and buildings
- Ensuring that all health and safety regulations (including Building Certificate of Fitness) are followed and relevant records maintained and reported (we are willing to provide training to the successful candidate in this task)
- Health and Safety group & Emergency Response Team representative
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- Solid grounds knowledge, property management and all-round ‘handyman’ skills
- Basic maintenance skills of tools and equipment
- Awareness of current health and safety regulations (we are willing to provide training to the successful candidate in this task)
- Ability to identify and report present and potential hazards around the school grounds and buildings
- Flexible, courteous, and able to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Display high standards of integrity
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Good communication skills
- Able to maintain positive and productive relationships with a diverse range of people
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
You will also have a clean police record and a full driver’s license.
If this sounds like the position for you, please forward your current CV, including a covering letter and referee details to: firstname.lastname@example.org