Term Dates 2018
Term 1 5 February - 6 April
Term 2 30 April - 30 June
Term 3 23 July - 21 September
Term 4 15 October - 14 December
Closing Dates for Enrolment
We must receive all enrolment documents at least two weeks before your intended start date.
For new on-site students, there are four intakes per year, at the beginning of each term.
Distance Delivery students may start their programme on any Monday during term time throughout the year.
Fees-free study for first time tertiary learners
The Learning Connexion is pleased to offer first time tertiary learners the opportunity to study fees-free from 2018.
The government has just released the following information regarding tertiary education fees:
Tertiary education fees free
From 1 January 2018, tertiary education will be fees-free for eligible first-time tertiary students.
Investing in education and the future of New Zealanders is an absolute priority for the government.
Whether you are an aspiring apprentice or thinking about taking on a degree, we will invest in you.
To meet the requirements for fees-free study, learners must:
- be allowed to work and live in New Zealand permanently, or be an Australian or New Zealand resident who has lived here for at least three years; and
- not be enrolled in school when your qualification starts, and either:
- been enrolled at school in 2017 or 2018, or
- not have undertaken previous study or training of more than 60 credits, except while you were at school, and
- enrol in an eligible qualification.
Learners can check eligibility for fees-free study by using their National Student Number (NSN) at www.feesfree.govt.nz
For further information visit: https://www.feesfree.govt.nz/faqs/
The fees-free initiative will cover tuition fees, associated mandatory fees and compulsory student services fees.
If you are interested in studying with us, you can give us a call today.
Domestic Student Fees:
New Zealand Certificate in Creativity (NZQA level 4:60 credits)
• Full-time (20wks) Part-time (1 year): $2,976.00
New Zealand Diploma in Creativity (NZQA level 5 & 6:120 credits)
• Full-time (34 hrs per wk) Part-time (2 years):$5,556 / $2,778 (per yr)
Diploma of Art and Creativity (Advanced Diploma level 7)
• Full-time (30 hrs per wk) Part-time (2 years) $5,448 / $2,724 (per yr)
Those studying the New Zealand Certificate programme students receive an art kit with a selection of materials to get started on the projects in their programme.
note: Students studying from overseas do not receive a starter kit.
Withdrawal From a Programme
Students may withdraw from the programme they have enrolled in, with a full refund of tuition fees, within eight days of the starting date of their programme. After that time, The Learning Connexion Ltd has no obligation to make refunds.
Students must apply for a withdrawal in writing and, if applicable, must notify StudyLink of the change in their status. Refunds for overseas students will be made at the exchange rate of the day the withdrawal is approved for action.
Fee notes - please read:
• All fees are GST inclusive and in New Zealand dollars if studying in New Zealand
• All fees are for 2017 enrolments
• For part-time students- fees for the second year of study are subject to change
• Fees are as stated below provided students qualify for the funding subsidy which is available, with a few exceptions, to New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, this includes permanent residents and Australian citizens living in New Zealand who meet with minimum residency requirements.
If a student’s full-time status changes during their period of study, fees will be adjusted accordingly.
Students will need to budget for purchasing any materials, dependent on the type and scale of work they choose to do. The range of material costs is typically between NZ $10 and NZ $50 per week for full-time students.
If you are living outside of New Zealand, your programme study resources parcel may be subjected to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the country you live in. These charges are always the recipient’s responsibility.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country. Contact your local customs office to find out if there will be associated costs when picking up your parcel.
To find out what the actual monetary value of your programme supplies parcel will be, please contact [email protected] or phone +64 (04) 568 0320 during working hours and ask to be put through to the Materials Shop.