Digital Art and Design | Term Three, 2022
Explore the world of raster and vector digital graphics in this class. Learn compositing and digital painting using a graphics tablet, Photoshop CC and/or Affinity Photo, and to create vector based artwork using Illustrator CC and/or Affinity Designer. Learn from step-by-step tutorials to build your knowledge and confidence, before creating a finished vector or raster graphic.
More advanced students can choose to create images in both programs, or learn how to create images across both programs. Images can range from digital paintings to logos to poster designs. Creativity is essential, technical prowess is optional.
Perfect for beginners or more advanced students.
You are most welcome to bring your own digital device if this is what you are most familiar with.
Content* Introduction to Mac computers, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer
* Learn digital painting and compositing techniques in Photoshop CC or Affinity Photo
* Learn photo retouching to help bring photographs of your artworks to life, ready for posting on your preferred online platform (social media/website)
* Learn vector graphics using Illustrator CC or Affinity Designer
* More advanced students can work to more challenging briefs, pushing their skills further
Objectives* Improved confidence with computer graphics
* Finished Digital works
* high quality artworks of photos for posting online
* Finished high quality digital works for more advanced students
Outcomes* An understanding of how to use Photoshop, Illustrator Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.
* Finished digital artworks/high quality images of your traditional artworks to post online
* Creativity Qualifications - main Creativity Projects covered (others may be covered depending on student project): Level 4: Investigate – Creativity Project 1, Examine – Creativity Project 3, Explore – Creativity Project 4 Level 5: Challenge – Creativity Project 1, Synthesise – Creativity Project 2, Apply – Creativity Project 3, Manage – Creativity Project 5, Implement – Creativity Project 6 Level 6: Initiate – Creativity Project 1, Analyse Patterns – Creativity Project 2, Present – Creativity Project 3, Apply – Creativity Project 4
Tutor: Alan Poole
- Every Thursday (25 Jul - 09 Sep)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Printing will incur additional costs Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- Taylor - Computer Graphics
- 10 (Max number of students)