Experimental Drawing | Term Three, 2021
Create intrigue and originality in your drawings by experimenting and exploring new creative approaches to expand your practice. Discover new ways to express yourself by exploring the use of line, tone, texture and ways to use gesture and mark-making that excites the eyes.
You will get the opportunity to explore an array of drawing materials and subject matter including a session working with a life model and a field trip.
Alongside your own creative developments, we also focus on the surrealist movement and gain an understanding of how these artists created ground breaking work.
Note - Experimental music is part of this class.
Suitable for all levels.
Content* Warm up exercises
* Gestural drawing
* Intuitive drawing
* Developed drawing
* Collaborative work
* Figurative drawing
* Still-life set up
* Field trip
Objectives* Expand your creativity through drawing
* Try different approaches
* Try different drawing tools and surfaces
* Explore the effects of line, texture, light source, perspective and colour
* Build your own visual vocabulary of expression
* Push boundaries!
* Have fun!
Outcomes* You will have an enhanced sense of how to approach your drawings in an experimental way and this may transfer to other creative ventures
* Work from this class can contribute to the development of creativity projects 1-3 for Levels 4, 5 and 6
Tutor: Dan Wilkinson
- Every Friday (26 Jul - 10 Sep)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Dependent on what you will need from the materials list. Money for field trip lunch or snack etc. You will also need to provide for your transport to Wellington city for the field trip. Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- 17 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Pencils or graphite or Black Beauty pencil, charcoal, Pitt and/or willow
* Oil pastels and/or soft pastels, crayons (black and white)
* Indian ink and ink pens
* A selection of different paper (brown paper provided)
* Bring a selection of the materials above which you would like to work with