Painting - From Concept to Completion | Term Two, 2021
This class uncovers the practice of creative painting, from selection of the most appropriate brush to working out the required steps, through to completion and presentation of a finished work.
A few of the topics we will cover include - choice of subject, composition and perspective, light on dark or dark on light, mediums, glazing, layers, affordable presentation materials/techniques and more. Work on new or existing paintings.
This is an opportunity to explore and learn from 'mistakes', to experience creative inspiration and achieve outcomes you'll be delighted with. We'll also cover the following - photographing your work for online galleries and social networks, as well as how to use websites.
Suitable for all levels.
Content* How to build a painting up - composition, content, intention and storytelling
* Do you place darks down first or lights?
* How does what you paint on reflect the story of your work?
* Do you sign the painting and paint the sides?
* We cover the essentials of developing your work
* Introduction to presentation and framing
* Exhibiting and curating will be explored near the end of term
* All the essentials for being an artist and what is needed after graduation
* Presenting work online and portfolios
* Digital and online presence
* Galleries and exhibitions
* Artist statements and catalogues
* Contracts and pricing
ObjectivesDevelop your own guide to creative problem solving when developing paintings - from the initial idea to completion
Outcomes* Develop stronger work as a result of tutor directed content and self-directed exploration
* Creativity Projects you will be able to work towards include but are not limited to: Level 4 CP1 Apply, CP4 Explore Level 5 CP1 Apply, C2 Synthesis Level 6 CP1 Initiate, CP2 Analyse pattern
Tutor: Marc Hill
- Every Wednesday (03 May - 18 Jun)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Dependent on your painting needs. Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- 20 (Max number of students)