Create a Body of Work in Printmaking | Term Two, 2021
Use the best of what printmaking has to offer in this class. Begin with the seed of an idea and nurture it through an open-ended experimental approach or push yourself to start and finish a body of work in seven weeks. It's up to you! Marci will support and encourage you on your creative journey by demonstrating various printmaking techniques, helping you hone your technical skills and reminding you that the sky is the limit!
This class is individualised and project-based so come to class ready to begin your exciting journey. The techniques that are open to you include screen printing, woodcut, etching, collagraph and plate lithography. You can also learn to make books, boxes and presentation portfolios.
Suitable for enthusiastic beginners, intermediate and advanced students.
Content* A focus will be on individual problem-solving interspersed with applicable demonstrations
* Individual consultation sessions regarding goals and projects in print
* Group interaction and mini-feedback sessions at your request
Objectives* Learn about various printmaking and/or bookbinding techniques
* Complete a project
* Practice sustainable creativity
Outcomes* Work created in different mediums
* A greater understanding of what is possible in printmaking
* Independent work experience on a project of your own making
* Problem-solving experience
* Creativity Projects you will be able to work towards include but are not limited to - Level 4 - CP1 Investigate, CP2 Present, CP3 Examine, CP4 Explore Level 5 - CP1 Challenge, CP2 Synthesise, CP3 Apply, CP4 Identify Patterns Level 6 - CP1 Initiate, CP2 Analyse Patterns, CP3 Present
Tutor: Marci Tackett
- Every Tuesday (03 May - 18 Jun)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: * Material fee of $20-40 * Discuss your creative project with your tutor before paying * $15-40 materials fee depending on project scope * Budget for good quality paper. It's worth it! Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- G1.15 Printmaking
- 10 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Supplies needed depend on individual projects chosen. Contact your tutor prior to the first day of class if you have questions about what you will need
* Student ID card or photocopy card with $5 photocopy money on it
* Choose good quality paper for printing and presentation of work, it is worth it!