Illustration - Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced | Term Two, 2021
Illustration is the visualization of a block of text or the creation of imagery from stories. This could be from a poem, a novel, magazine or newspaper article. For those of you who are interested in comic book or graphic novel production or producing designs, or are interested in designing for the tattooing industry this is the class for you.
You will be tutored in a wide range of techniques and media to strengthen and support your visual problem-solving skills.
Suitable for all levels.
ContentWork towards the completion of supplied, illustration related briefs. You will ultimately write your own brief in your specific area of interest. The class has illustration at its core, exploring graphics, drawing fundamentals, composition, collage, printmaking and a wide variety of painting techniques and design history. We will also be looking into the business of design and the presentation and justification of your imagery.
Objectives* Understand and apply the principles of the design process through the application of a wide range of media and techniques relating to your individual visual interpretation of text
* Present and justify your finished artwork eruditely and confidently by the given deadline
* Increase confidence in your abilities to communicate the requirements of your brief visually
Outcomes* An increased confidence and understanding of the use of a range of media and techniques
* A clear understanding of the illustrative process by exploring a range of approaches to solve problems creatively
* The potential of portfolio construction for illustration and other art-related commissions
* Through the production of a series of illustrations, consider how your creative and transferrable skills relate to potential career options
* Creativity projects you will be able to work towards include but are not limited to - level 4 - CP1 Investigate, CP2 Present, CP3 Examine, CP4 Explore. Level 5 - CP1 Challenge, CP2 Synthesise, CP3 Apply, CP5 Manage, CP6 Implement. Level 6 - CP2 Analyse patterns, CP3 Present, CP4 Apply
Tutor: Iain Watt
- Every Tuesday (03 May - 18 Jun)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Aprox. $35 Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- G1.09 Design
- 15 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Drawing Board / A2, gummed paper
* Watercolour starter set
* Gouache starter set
* Pencils, drawing pastels, ruler, compass, eraser, A3 visual diary
* A selection of brushes
* Cost - $35 approx depending on what you need to buy