Concept Art and Design | Term Two, 2023
Let your imagination run wild in this class. Learn how to create characters, locations, costumes and props from initial sketches to final production artwork.
Create initial sketches either with pencil and paper and scan them onto computer, or use Photoshop/Affinity Photo to create digital sketches. Learn to combine digital painting skills with photo-manipulation to rapidly create stunning and effective artworks.
Students can either work on their own stories and characters, or work from briefs supplied by the tutor.
Suitable for all levels.
Content* Introduction to concept design for characters, locations, costumes, props
* Create initial sketches to plan your ideas
* Learn digital painting techniques in Photoshop CC and Affinity Photo
* Learn digital photo-manipulation and collage in Photoshop CC and Affinity Photo
Objectives* Improved confidence with computer graphics
* A series of images, from initial sketches to finished digital artworks ready for printing
Outcomes* An understanding of how to use Photoshop CC
* Learn the fundamentals of concept design for characters, props, locations and costumes
* Finished digital artworks
* Creativity Qualifications – main Graduate Outcomes covered (others may be covered depending on student project):
Level 4: GO1, GO2, GO3, GO4
Level 5: GO1, GO2, GO3
Level 6: GO1, GO2, GO4
Tutor: Alan Poole
- Every Thursday (08 May - 23 Jun)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Dependent on what you will need from the materials list. Printing will incur additional costs Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- Taylor - Computer Graphics
- 10 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:USB drives for backing up work
A4 Visual Diary/sketchpad for sketching ideas
Pencils - HB, B, 2B
Craft Knife or pencil sharpener for sharpening pencils