Create A Body of Work in Printmaking | Term Two, 2023
Begin with the seed of an idea and learn how to nurture it through an open-ended, experimental approach to printmaking. Push yourself to complete a body of work in seven weeks. The sky is the limit with tutor Marci Tackett's support and encouragement.
This class is individualised to your interests so come to class ready to begin your exciting creative journey.
Suitable for printmakers with experience and enthusiastic, self-driven beginners.
Content* Techniques available include screen printing on textiles and paper, woodcut, etching, collagraph, plate lithography and more
* You can also learn to make books, boxes and presentation portfolios
* Focus on creative problem-solving interspersed with demonstrations of different printing methods
* Individual consultation sessions regarding goals and projects
* Group interaction and mini-feedback sessions at your request
Objectives* Learn about various printmaking and/or bookbinding techniques
* Complete a project
* Evolve your print practice
* Be creatively sustainable
Outcomes* A range of work created in different mediums
* A greater understanding of what is possible in printmaking
* Independent work experience on a project of your own making
* Creative problem-solving experience
Tutor: Marci Tackett
- Every Tuesday (08 May - 23 Jun)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Cost depends on projects and will be invoiced at the end of the term. Allow $10 - $40+. Please talk to tutor for more info. Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- G1.15 Printmaking
- 12 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Supplies needed depend on what you choose to do. Contact Marci prior to the first day of class if you have questions about what you will need and how much it will cost
* Student ID card or, photocopy card with $5 photocopy money on it
* Choose good quality paper for printing and presentation of work, it is worth it!