Latest Update - All of New Zealand is at Alert Level 1
Alert Level 1 means the Learning Connexion is open and classes are running as usual. Please use the COVID tracer app; wash hands and sanitise regularly.
Kia kaha and stay safe!
Preventing the risk
Everybody should follow the following basic principles to reduce the risk of getting an acute respiratory infection or passing it on to others:
- regularly washing hands (for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap and dry thoroughly)
- covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze
- staying home if you are sick
- avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- if you feel unwell you should avoid public gatherings and events
- cleaning surfaces regularly (when infection is suspected).
Go to the Ministry of Health website for more information about preventing the risk:
If you need to stay away from your education provider because you are at risk of infection for 14 days, this means avoiding close contact with other people as much as possible.
The Ministry of Health is strongly encouraging people who are staying away for the 14-day period, as a result of their travel to China, to register through the new dedicated 0800 number specifically for health-related calls about coronavirus (call for free on 0800 358 5453).
Healthline has set up a dedicated 0800 number specifically for health-related calls about coronavirus.
The Healthline existing number 0800 611 116 is still the main number to call for non-coronavirus health concerns.
Healthline has translators and interpreters available 24/7 in 150 languages including Mandarin and Cantonese.