Basic Picture Framing | Term Two, 2019
Suitable for beginners.
Content* You will be shown the basic techniques of picture framing, from measuring and making the frame, cutting glass and the full assembly ready to hang!
* Make at least one frame up to size A3
* Different framing techniques, including box frames, floating mounts, and even framing cross stitch!
ObjectivesGain the skill of picture framing and framing works up to size A3.
OutcomesComplete at least one framed piece, ready to hang.
Tutor: Leah Wynne
- 15th,16th June 2019
- 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: $5 consumables fee plus approximately $45 for framing materials - this can vary depending on the size and type of frame you are wanting to make. Casual Students: $75 per day + materials
- 7 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Works to frame
* Ruler, scissors, kraft knife, pencil
* Visual diary
The items below can be purchased through the TLC materials shop -
* D rings, string, hinge tape, glass
* Matt board, foam board, cutting mat (optional)
* Framing timber