Creative Writing: Flash Fiction | Term One, 2019
As it is so condensed, it’s a really great way to learn the art of storytelling, or if you already tell tales, it can really challenge and hone your skills.
Come along and have some fun.
ContentIn this class we will look at how to craft a really short story. Flash Fiction needs to contain all the elements of a conventional story. So, using some great examples, we will explore those elements, discover the differences there are between Flash and longer stories, and we'll also look at how to edit a story to keep it concise, yet still bright.
Objectives* Explore how to create realistic characters and settings
* Learn how plot and structure work in Flash Fiction
* Learn how to create conflict and tension in your work
* Learn how to edit your writing and to focus on each word
OutcomesBy the end of the day you'll have explored and read some great flash fiction and then drafted a short short story of your own. Leave with a better understanding of setting, characters, structure, conflict and how to cut a story down to the essential elements without losing anything important.
* Creativity students: This class will provide opportunities to meet several required conditions for graduate outcomes from levels 4, 5 and 6. For more information, please discuss with your tutor.
Tutor: Dane Divine
- 2nd March, 2019
- 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Printing will incur additional costs Casual Students: $75 per day + materials
- 16 (Max number of students)