The Business of Art | Term One, 2019
Suitable for intermediate to advanced students.
Content* Goal setting and action plans - creating a path to success
* Marketing and promotion - how to get your name 'out there'
* Project planning - designing, promoting and hosting successful exhibitions
Objectives* To support you to develop creative careers
* To explore your wants and needs for your arts career
* You will be encouraged to identify your own path to success
* Increase your confidence and knowledge pertaining to the business of art
* Establish ways and means to market and promote your work
* Formulate ideas and plans for potential future art events
OutcomesBy the end of the 2 days, you will be able to:
* Develop and construct your own set of S.M.A.R.T goals
* Identify the process and necessity for goal setting and creating your own personal map to success
* Construct a S.W.O.T. analysis for your art business concept
* Construct a basic marketing plan based on the '7 P's of Marketing'
* Recognise promotional tools and evaluate the best options for your personal art practice
* Participate in the planning and organisation of a public art event
* Choose, develop, create and complete a successful action plan
Tutor: Sandy Rodgers
- 16th, 17th February 2019
- 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: $12 Casual Students: $75 per day + materials
- 12 (Max number of students)