Class Name: Experiment, Explore, Expand and Extend your Creative Practice
Class Dates: 27-31 January 2020
Tutor: Dan Wilkinson
Exploring your creative practice through new approaches and different media can be a great way to extend and expand the way you create. You will be encouraged to free up and discover other creative processes that you can continue to explore as the term progresses.
The focus will be on using drawing media initially, however, this can be extended into any other media you wish to explore in the later part of the week. Suitable for beginners especially but more experienced students will benefit as well!
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Where: T2.27. T2.36
Class Size: 20 (max number of students)
● An array of drawing approaches with different subject matter
● Ideas for abstraction and /or surrealist approaches
● Intuitive and spontaneous approaches will be encouraged
● Ideas for how to transfer sketch/studies to a more resolved work
● Get momentum for the new term of creativity
● Expand, explore, experiment and extend your creative practice
A range of studies/sketches which could be used for future work - e.g painting, sculpture, printmaking classes.
● Drawing tools e.g charcoal, graphite, pastels, inks
● Surfaces - paper, cardboard, recycled materials, boards
● Later in the week you can choose any media and supports you might like to experiment with to take your work further
You can purchase your art supplies from our Materials Shop online