The Cyanotype Blues with Linda Evangaline-Smith
Class Name: The Cyanotype Blues
Class Dates: 17 - 20 January 2022
Times: 9.30am - 4.30pm - with one hour lunch break
Tutor: Linda Evangaline-Smith
Linda Evangaline-Smith is an artist and teacher with a passion for all things to do with printmaking. The hands-on, energetic and ‘getting messy’ way of learning and teaching is an approach that Linda enjoys most.
Class Size: 12 (max number of students)
In this four-day workshop Linda will guide you through the precise art of making Cyanotypes. This printmaking process uses sunlight to develop prints in a spectrum of complex blues.
You will produce a series of prints on a range of quality materials, and learn the chemical process that enables paper and fabric to be made photosensitive.
With such a long-form workshop, you will have time to explore making Cyanotypes with photographic images, found objects and your own drawings. You will have the opportunity to experiment and get in-depth feedback from Linda to push your work in this medium.
What materials will be needed?
- Photographs on USB or in an email that is accessible.
- Objects and drawings that you may want to use.
- The tutor will provide paper but you may wish to bring a high quality paper for finished prints.
- Fabric if you wish to use a particular type.
- Pens and pencils for sketching.
- Bring your own lunch and snacks.