Discovery with Paint with Gary Freemantle
Artworks from Gary's class
Class Name: Discovery with Paint
Class Dates: 29 - 30 January 2022
Class Times: 9.30am to 4.30pm with an hour break for lunch
Tutor: Gary Freemantle
Gary Freemantle is a painter with expert knowledge in all paint media. His practice is multifaceted in style, interest and approach. He has exhibited in major public and private galleries throughout New Zealand, and also has experience in contemporary art gallery management and exhibition organisation. Gary is an experienced tutor, who enjoys the process of mentoring others.
Class Size: 10 (max number of students)
In this two-day painting workshop, you will create paintings full of vitality; deepening your knowledge of colour and spontaneous expression. Gary will encourage you to travel into the unknown, to make new discoveries with paint.
A purposeful exploratory approach will be central. You will have the luxury of space to go on your own journey and discover yourself anew.
In ways that suit your style, find how to become more open to chance and serendipity - to learn to paint in the moment.
With an emphasis on expressive and intuitive use of form, both figurative and abstract, this transformative workshop suits all individual levels of skill and experience. All are welcome!
What materials will be needed?
- A quantity of acrylic paint: (Atelier or Reeves brand) medium yellow, deep red, (magenta or napthol crimson), phalo blue, ultramarine blue, carbon black, titanium white, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, burnt umber.
- Brushes: Range of sizes from 6cm wide to medium to fine. Bristle brushes or synthetic hair ok.
- Supports: Hardboard panels, canvas boards, or heavy paper. We will be working mostly on paper, some will be provided for free.
- Bring pen, pencils and drawing pad
- Bring your own lunch and snacks
*Please note this class is fully booked but we have a waiting list in case of cancellations.