Intermediate - Advanced Jewellery | Term Two, 2023
This class is a great follow-up to Low-tech Colour in Jewellery on Mondays, and/or if you wish to explore your creativity in a range of materials and styles.
Self-directed learning with tutor input. This class is an opportunity for you to experiment with new ideas and techniques. Group discussions on design and process, with demonstrations delivered as required.
Intermediate-advanced students only. Preference given to those wishing to do two days (Mon-Tues) in a row.
Content• Develop design ideas, while learning how to balance function and form
• Participate in class discussions and design sessions - bouncing ideas off your fellow students and tutor
• Your tutor will offer feedback on work-in-progress
• Discover new techniques and bench tips to assist with your design and fabrication skills
Objectives• Build confidence in your design and fabrication skills
• Develop an understanding of how you can mix materials and processes to meet your design specifications
• Learn and practice techniques to incorporate into your design
• Learn the value of allowing yourself time to play with ideas
Outcomes• Develop and expand your creative processes
• Experiment with materials and designs
• Start working towards creating cohesive bodies of work for exhibition or sale
• Creativity Projects you will be able to work towards include, but are not limited to: Level 4 - CP1 Investigate, CP2 Present, CP3 Examine, CP4 Explore Level 5 - CP1 Challenge, CP2 Synthesise, CP3 Apply, CP4 Identify
Tutor: Belinda Hager
- Every Tuesday (08 May - 23 Jun)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: $10 class fee Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- T2.08 Jewellery
- 11 (Max number of students)