Illustration - Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced | Term One, 2023
The class has illustration at its core, exploring graphics, drawing fundamentals, composition, collage, printmaking and a wide variety of painting techniques and design history. You will be able to write your own brief in your specific area of interest or, if you choose, work towards the completion of supplied, illustration-related briefs. We will also be looking into the business of design and the presentation and justification of your imagery.
Suitable for all levels.
ContentWork towards the completion of supplied, illustration-related briefs or write your own brief in your specific area of interest. Illustration involves exploring graphics, drawing fundamentals, composition, collage, design for tattooing and a wide variety of painting techniques and design history. We will also be looking into the business of design and the presentation and justification of your imagery.
Objectives* Understand and apply the principles of the design process through the application of a wide range of media and techniques relating to your individual visual interpretation of text
* Present and justify your finished artwork eruditely and confidently by the given deadline
* Increase confidence in your abilities to communicate the requirements of your brief visually
Outcomes* Increased confidence and understanding of the use of a range of media and techniques
* A clear understanding of the illustrative process by exploring a range of approaches to solve problems creatively
* The potential of portfolio construction for illustration and other art-related commissions
* Through the production of a series of illustrations, consider how your creative and transferrable skills relate to potential career options
* Creativity projects you will be able to work towards include but are not limited to - level 4 - CP1 Investigate, CP2 Present, CP3 Examine, CP4 Explore. Level 5 - CP1 Challenge, CP2 Synthesise, CP3 Apply, CP5 Manage, CP6 Implement. Level 6 - CP2 Analyse patterns, CP3 Present, CP4 Apply
Tutor: Iain Watt
- Every Tuesday (13 Feb - 31 Mar)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Indicative cost to students: Approx $35 Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- G1.09 Design
- 15 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Drawing Board / A2, gummed paper
* Watercolour starter set
* Gouache starter set
* Pencils, drawing pastels, ruler, compass, eraser, A3 visual diary
* A selection of brushes
* Cost - $35 approx depending on what you need to buy