Create A Body of Work in Printmaking | Term One, 2023
Begin with the seed of an idea and nurture it through an open-ended, experimental approach.
Push yourself to complete a body of work in seven weeks. It's up to you!
The sky is the limit with tutor Marci Tackett's support and encouragement. Hone your technical skills and learn different printmaking techniques.
This class is individualised to your ideas so come to class ready to begin your exciting creative journey.
Techniques available include screen printing, woodcut, etching, collagraph and plate lithography. You could also learn to make books, boxes and presentation portfolios.
Suitable for independent and enthusiastic beginners, intermediate and advanced students.
Content* Focus on creative problem-solving interspersed with demonstrations of different printing methods
* Individual consultation sessions regarding goals and projects
* Group interaction and mini-feedback sessions at your request
Objectives* Learn about various printmaking and/or bookbinding techniques
* Complete a project
* Practise sustainable creativity
Outcomes* Work created in different mediums
* Know how to make prints using a variety of techniques
* A greater understanding of what is possible in printmaking
* Independent work experience on a project of your own making
* Problem-solving experience
Tutor: Marci Tackett
- Every Tuesday (13 Feb - 31 Mar)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: $25 class fee plus cost of supplies for your specific project. Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- G1.15 Printmaking
- 12 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Supplies needed depend on what you choose to do. Contact your tutor prior to the first day of class if you have questions about what you will need
* Student ID card or, photocopy card with $5 photocopy money on it
* Choose good quality paper for printing and presentation of work, it is worth it!