Investigate and Explore through Printmaking | Term Two, 2021
Investigate and explore your creativity through an open-ended approach to printmaking. This class is self-directed with Marci helping you to get the most out of the various disciplines within printmaking. You can mix drawing and painting with your printmaking! Challenge yourself to try new processes, synthesise disciplines and forge an original path.
Possible techniques to learn include screen printing, woodcut, etching, collagraph and plate lithography. You can also learn to create books to either bind your existing work or make new stories.
Suitable for enthusiastic beginners, intermediate and advanced students.
Content* A focus will be on individual problem-solving interspersed with applicable demonstrations
* Individual consultation regarding goals and projects in print
* Group interaction and mini-feedback sessions at your request
Objectives* Learn about options for re-envisioning existing 2D works with an expansive view
* Learn about various printmaking and/or bookbinding techniques
* Complete a project
* Practice sustainable creativity
Outcomes* Work created in different mediums
* A greater understanding of what is possible in printmaking
* Independent work experience on a project of your own making
* Problem-solving experience
* Creativity Projects you will be able to work towards include but are not limited to - Level 4 - CP1 Investigate, CP2 Present, CP3 Examine, CP4 Explore Level 5 - CP1 Challenge, CP2 Synthesise, CP3 Apply, CP4 Identify Patterns Level 6 - CP1 Initiate, CP2 Analyse Patterns, CP3 Present
Tutor: Marci Tackett
- Every Monday (03 May - 18 Jun)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: * Material fee of $20-40 * Discuss your creative project with your tutor before paying * $15-40 materials fee depending on project scope * Budget for good quality paper. It's worth it! Casual Students: $630.00 + materials
- G1.15 Printmaking
- 10 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Supplies needed depend on individual projects chosen. Contact your tutor prior to the first day of class if you have questions about what you will need
* Student ID card or photocopy card with $5 photocopy money on it
* Choose good quality paper for printing and presentation of work, it is worth it!