Experimental Drawing | Term Four, 2019
Create intrigue and originality in your drawings by experimenting and exploring new creative approaches to expand your practice. Discover new ways to express yourself by exploring the use of line, tone, texture and ways to use gesture and mark making that excite the eyes.
You will get the opportunity to explore an array of subject matter and drawing materials. Alongside your own creative developments we also focus on the surrealist movement and gain an understanding of how these artists created ground breaking work.
Note - Experimental music is part of this class.
Suitable for all levels.
Content* Warm up exercises
* Gestural drawing
* Intuitive drawing
* Developed drawing
* Collaborative work
* Still-life set up
* Life drawing
* Field trip
Objectives* Expand your creativity through drawing
* Try different approaches
* Try different drawing tools and surfaces
* Explore the effects of line, texture, light source, perspective and colour * Build your own visual vocabulary of expression
* Push boundaries!
* Have fun!
OutcomesYou will have a wider sense of how to approach your drawings in an experimental way and this may transfer to other creative ventures.
Tutor: Dan Wilkinson
- Every Friday (21 Oct - 06 Dec)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Casual Students: $525.00 + materials
- 16 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* Pencils or graphite or Black Beauty pencil, charcoal, Pitt and/or willow
* Oil pastels and/or soft pastels, crayons (black and white)
* Indian ink and ink pens
* A selection of different paper (brown paper provided)
* Bring a selection of the materials above which you would like to work with