Screen Printing | Term Four, 2019
Come and explore the magic of screen printing! In this class you will learn how to use light-sensitive photo emulsion to create bold graphic prints. You will be able to print on paper and cotton fabric using water based paper and fabric inks. Be ready to take an experimental approach and to learn by doing!
Suitable for all levels.
Content* Introduction to photo stencil screen printing
* Demonstrations from how to prepare the screen through to printing an image
* Demonstrations of mixing ink, layering and registration methods
* Lots of time for hands-on experimentation and individual projects
* Discussion of print results
ObjectivesExplore printmaking as a next step in the graphic and digital image creation process. Introduction to the techniques involved in photo stencil screen printing. Remember that the black artwork image can be printed in any colour of ink but it will all be one layer. Image size - you can work from small up to A3 size. Explore the creative potential of screen printing.
OutcomesGain a greater understanding of the exciting possibilities of screen printing in terms of extending your hand drawn, collaged and digital imagery.
Tutor: Basia Smolnicki
- Every Wednesday (21 Oct - 06 Dec)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: * $40 payable to the materials shop before class begins * $5 for photocopying Casual Students: $525.00 + materials
- G1.15 Printmaking
- 12 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* OHP transparency film
* Paper and smooth cotton fabrics like calico (pale colours) and/or clothing
* Digital files like JPGs, photoshop, TIFF formats on USB stick or CD or DVD. Bring drawings and photos, or Xerox copies of high contrast black and white images
* Black vivid marker, black biro pens, drawing materials, visual diary