Fundamentals of Painting - from Concept to Completion | Term Four, 2019
Cover the fundamentals of how to create a painting, from selection of the most appropriate brush and working out the required steps, through to completion of a finished work.
A few of the topics we will cover include - choice of subject, composition and perspective, light on dark or dark on light, mediums, glazing, layers and more.
Work on new or existing paintings. This is an opportunity to explore and learn from 'mistakes', to experience creative inspiration and achieve outcomes you'll be delighted with.
We'll also cover the following - photographing your work for online galleries and social networks, websites, Photoshop for the artist, marketing and social networks.
Suitable for all levels.
Content* How to build a painting up - composition, content, intention and storytelling
* Do you place darks down first or lights?
* How does what you paint on reflect the story of your work?
* Do you sign the painting and paint the sides?
* We cover the essentials of developing your work
* All the essentials for being an artist and what is needed after graduation
* Presenting work online and portfolios
* Digital and online presence
* Galleries and exhibitions
* Artist statements and catalogues
* Contracts and pricing
ObjectivesDevelop your own guide to creative problem solving when developing paintings - from the initial idea to completion.
OutcomesDevelop stronger work as a result of tutor directed content and self-directed exploration
Tutor: Marc Hill
- Every Wednesday (21 Oct - 06 Dec)
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: As above Casual Students: $525.00 + materials
- 15 (Max number of students)