TERM 1 2023: Strategy in Colour (3 - 6 April) | Term One, 2023
“If the Sun’s Light consisted of but one sort of rays, there would be but one colour in the whole world…” Issac Newton.
Light plays colour games on us. The same colour can appear light or dark and sometimes it tells us the highlight is really dark, and this is just the start.
We look at the basics of building versatile palettes, then use them to develop colour strategies in shadows, midtones and highlights.
Suitable for all levels.
Content* Exploring the colours of paint and the colours of light
* Colour composition
* Using just one colour
* Using contrast, exploring with monotone
Objectives* Utilising the three primaries of paint and light...and understanding the differences
* Getting more out of minimal colour
Outcomes* Know how to achieve better paint colours and how to use them
* Use colour more judiciously
* Get better results with fewer colours
Tutor: Marc Hill
- Every Block Week Two ( - )
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Dependent on what you have and what you will need to buy from the materials list. Casual Students: $360.00 + materials
- 15 (Max number of students)