The Art of Scraperboard (21 - 25 June) | Term Two, 2021
Scraperboard is a form of direct engraving where the Illustrator scratches off black ink to reveal a white layer beneath. This week you will learn how to make scraperboards and create imagery based on your interpretation of literary quotes to use for your finished artworks.
Suitable for all levels.
Content* Make your own scraperboards from scratch. Use the illustrative process to create your image(s)
* Application of research and techniques for designing your image and the methods of production of scraperboard
* Drawing fundamentals
* Explore the basic principles of applied illustration
Objectives* Succesfully produce a startling piece of artwork using scraperboard
* Produce designs for use on your scraperboards
* Gain a clearer understanding of the illustrative process
* Learn how to make your own scraperboards
OutcomesBy the end of the week you will have a clearer understanding of the creative process through the visual interpretation of text, designing your own thought-provoking image. Learn how to produce and execute your image through the medium of scraperboard.
Tutor: Iain Watt
- Every Block Week Two ( - )
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Materials cost: Casual Students: $450.00 + materials
- G1.09 Design
- 15 (Max number of students)
Required Materials:* A dry point tool
* Sketch pad and pencils
* Dip pen, black ink and/or fineliners
* 2 x A4 mdf boards, 3 quarters size flat brush
Cost around. $35