Regular updates for enrolled students. You can also stay updated on our Facebook Share Space
Welcome to 2021 Notices
From Student Link reps
Term 4 mains classes start on Monday.
Term 4 class lists are now on ORA under the Student Information tab. Check your classes there.
Click on ORA Login in the top right hand corner.
Your login details are the same as your Workroom login details.
Once you have logged in, click on the ORA tab at the top of the page.
Go to Student Information.
Go to Onsite Class Lists.
You can then navigate your way around depending on the days/classes you registered for.
You will be able to check out any class fees that will be due, and materials required by looking up the class you are in on the Study With Us tab, and then choosing the appropriate Block and Mains classes.
Email sent to students 8/9/21
Kia ora. We have now received details of the Ministry of Education’s guidelines for best practice under the Delta 2 alert level. There are a couple of details which the school will need to work on (see the italicised script below) , however the guiding principles are the same as noted in the earlier email.
- If you are feeling unwell or have a cold – please stay at home and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 611 116
- We are asking all staff and students to follow the School Agreement to look after each other and wear a mask when onsite. Mask wearing in confined spaces is strongly recommended in the MOE guidelines
- Use the QR codes to sign into each area you enter
- Where possible, enter and exit from different doors
- Sanitise shared equipment
- Sanitise and clean your working area before you leave at the end of the day
Key website contacts:
- Healthline: 0800 611 116 or https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/services-and-support/health-care-services/healthline/more-about-healthline
- Ministry of Health: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Unite Against Covid: https://covid19.govt.nz/
- Ministry of Education (Tertiary providers) https://www.education.govt.nz/covid-19/advice-for-tertiary-providerswhare-wananga/
Email sent to students 7/9/21
Email sent to students 30/8/21
As you no doubt are aware, all of New Zealand outside of the Auckland/Northland region is moving to Alert Level 3 as of Wed 1st September. We will remain at this level for one week with a review on the 6th of September.
Under Alert level 3, online programme delivery will continue as usual for distance delivery students.
We will also need to continue online delivery to onsite students during level 3, as the restrictions on onsite delivery offer too many challenges. For example, classes would need to be in isolated bubbles, could only be for a two hour duration and would be limited to a maximum of 9 students, plus a tutor. Each studio would then need to have a ‘deep clean’.
However, you will be able to come onsite to collect materials and work in progress.
Here’s how you can do this:
· Contact Programme Support email@example.com the day before you plan to come onsite and liaise with them as to when it would be best to do so. John Davies (caretaker) will meet you at Reception at the prearranged time
· If you wish to purchase items from the shop you can either order online and have the order couriered out to you, or you can ‘click and collect’ - that is, order online and pick it up yourself. To ‘click and collect’ go online, make and pay for your order, contact and arrange a collection time with Programme Support and come onsite and pick it up from outside Reception
Please make sure you:
· Do not come onsite if you have any flu-like symptoms
· Are wearing a mask
· Maintain a social distance of 2 metres apart outside and 1 metre inside
· Sanitise your hands on entry to buildings
· Don’t touch things you don’t need to, such as banisters, etc.
· Scan in using the QR code (or sign in using the visitor sheet)
· Spend only as much time onsite as needed
· Email Programme Support if you are unable to make your appointment
If you need help:
If you do not hear from your tutor in relation to online delivery options, please contact Programme Support – there may well be technical issues which need sorting
We understand that lockdown creates its own pressures and issues. If you need someone to talk to, please don’t hesitate to contact Lydia (Learning Support firstname.lastname@example.org, or Cat and Donna (Programme Support email@example.com)
Please remember – look after yourself and those in your bubble. If you need help – please get in touch.
Dennis - for the Academic Board
Term 4 classes are open for registration.
Registration closes on Thursday 9th September.
Email sent to students 17/08/21
Kia ora koutou
The Learning Connexion will be be closed for the rest of the week, at this stage.
We will keep you updated as we get more information to hand.
If you have an on-site class during this time, you can expect to have your tutor contact you before the class either by email and/or via Zoom to make arrangements for you to continue your creative practice.
You may need to adapt what you are able to do depending on the resources you have at home and the project you may be working on. Best to have a chat with your tutor about possible options.
Please make sure you document your work and upload it to your Workroom.
For DD students – it’s definitely a matter of business as usual. Your mentors will be working from home and continuing their programme delivery as per usual.
We will also share updates on our website.
If you have any questions or concerns please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will reply to you as soon as they can.
Take care of yourselves
Block week 2 class lists are now on ORA
You can log into ORA from the front page of the website using your workroom password. Once you are logged in, click on ORA. The class lists are on the first tile. Click on that and then go to the lists you want. Any questions ask ps.