Student ID cards
Student ID Cards cost $5 each, and expire at the end date of the programme which a student is enrolled in. These are for all full-time and part-time students who request them. We print them on-site.
You can order an ID card by visiting the Programme Support office on-site or, by calling Programme Support on 0800 278 789 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student ID cards may be used for student discounts where available; ask at banks, art shops, cinemas, Westpac stadium, Gordon Harris and other art shops, Wellington theatres and Ticketek, doctors, dentists, STA travel and Intercity Coachlines.
IMPORTANT: Your photo will be declined unless it meets the following photo requirements:
All student ID card photos must meet these requirements:
- File type: .jpg or .jpeg.
- Include your whole face, facing forward with a clear gap around the sides of the head, including hair.
- The photo is full colour and good clarity.
- Plain background.
- No hats, sunglasses, glasses with tinted lenses that obscure eyes.
- No headbands or head covering (except on religious grounds)
- No logos or icons.
- No other people visible in the photo.
- Photo must be no more than 6 months old
To check your photo meets the requirements, view the examples on the NZ Passports website.
If you need urgent proof that you are a student, you can contact Programme Support or email email@example.com for a ‘proof of study’ letter to be emailed or faxed.