The Learning Connexion student exhibition runs at the end of every term, and you are all encouraged to enter work. Because it's student-run it's a great process to get involved in and is an excellent opportunity to get some feedback from the general public.
The exhibition does not have to be about showing your best work or trying to sell your art. It is an opportunity to connect with a wider audience and to test your ideas out. This is part of the creative process; taking risks and breaking existing patterns.
Term 2 2021 TLC Student Exhibition
Opening on Thursday 1 April, Whakakitea / Reveal – celebrates the act of self-revelation through art, and is the first chance in 2021 for our students to share, and sell their work to the wider public.
Our Term One 2021 exhibition is entirely online. With the high influx of Distance Delivery students, and the lingering uncertainty of Covid-19 levels, TLC has decided to have two of our four End-of-Term student exhibitions online (Term 1/Term 3) and two onsite (Term 2/Term 4). That means for this term’s online exhibition – you don’t need to bring or send in your works, but you will need to provide good quality photos of your artworks, and you will be in charge of delivery if and when your artwork(s) sells.
Important points to note:
- The submission period is from Friday 5 March until Sunday 21 March 11.59pm.
- The online exhibition will run through Shopify on the TLC Art Shop website.
- Your submissions will be turned into online shop postings. Not-for-sale items will be displayed on the start page of the gallery/exhibition shop.
- The exhibition will be online from Thursday 1 April until Sunday 25 April.
- Buyers pay into a TLC account for the artwork.
- In the event of a sale you will receive an email with the buyer’s details through the shop system. You will need to get in touch with the buyer as soon as possible and arrange for the delivery and payment of the delivery costs.
- Once the work is delivered, please send confirmation (buyer email/courier tracking number) to the TLC accounts office at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the sales payment transferred to you.
Here’s what you need to do now:
- Take good quality photos of your works (see guidelines on the TLC website). Works from earlier terms which have not been on display at TLC student exhibitions, are accepted.
- Make sure you read the Submission Guidelines and the Exhibition Agreement/Fine Print.
- Think about presentation (framed/on mat-board/loose…), a title and pricing – there is a 10% commission fee to calculate in.
- Prepare artwork information and photos as requested in the published submission info.
- Fill in the online submission form – you’ll find the Fine-Print details in there to tick off. Don’t leave it to the last minute.
- If your work is on sale – start researching now about courier fees - TLC uses NZ Post - and packaging costs for your submitted items. That way you can respond fast to a potential buyer. Make sure to check your emails regularly – including the spam folder!
Exhibition Opening: 6pm Thursday 1 April
Download the Exhibition flyer
For more information, please contact Jeff at email@example.com