IMPORTANT UPDATE: This event will operate under Covid Level 2 precautions.
Kia ora koutou
The Learning Connexion is hosting a Celebration of Creativity at the end of Term 2 2021, replacing our usual end-of-term exhibition, because building work is occurring in the usual exhibition space.
It will look and function like the popular show and tell events we have held recently, with an emphasis on all level 4-7 students participating.
This is what will happen during the last week of Term 2:
- Install of work Wednesday 9.30am 23 June through till prior to opening (first come first served for spaces)
- Opening evening 5pm Thursday 24 June for guests, whanau and friends.
- Spaces open to visitors from 9.30am - 2.30pm Friday 25 June
- De-install/removal would by the end of Friday 25 June 2.30 - 3pm.
- Level 4 students will fill the space in T2.28 where Karla is facilitating the Term 2 Level 4 class.
- Levels 5, 6 and 7 students will fill T2.27, T2.34 and T2.36.
- Level 7 students who are completing their programme will display in T2.05 as per usual.
Students are encouraged to be with their work as they have done in prior show and
tells on the opening night. It's a great opportunity to speak to people about what excites you about your creative practice. We encourage showing process works, experiments and keeping things as informal as possible.
DISTANCE DELIVERY STUDENTS:
- Local DD students are invited to participate setting themselves up in studios T2.27, T2.34 & T2.36 (Second floor of Taylor building). If you wish to play a part in displaying some work onsite let your mentor know and they will link you with the staff member overseeing this opportunity.
- DD students who can’t make it in physically, are invited to send work in to be part of a revolving slide projection of students' work in the student common room. There will be a 2nd email for DD students giving you some instructions with how you can take part.
We are hoping there may be the option of opening the studios of the block courses that are running that week to display all the fantastic work that is in development. We are also looking at the idea of a bronze pour, as well as a kids' art display in mixed media. Effectively a winter solstice creative extravaganza.
Hope to see you (or your work) during week 9 for this exciting opportunity.
Dan Wilkinson – Coordinator
Opening: 5pm Thursday 24 June
Download the flyer and share with friends and family.